As a Software Architect, the candidate will directly report to Chief Software Officer and will work closely with development teams as well as other areas of the business to enable and guide the design and development of integrated microservice solutions that meet current and future customer needs. They will ensure the design is consistent and easy to maintain.
The development teams are self-sufficient and responsible for design, development, testing, delivery, and support of the services they build. The candidate will support these teams in building consistent solutions based on the overall view of the Platform architecture, the experience and agreed companywide architecture patterns.
The candidate will work closely with CSO, Platform Engineering Team, Operations and Product to continuously review and improve the Insurwave Platform architecture and used patterns to ensure that Platform is easy to maintain and flexible for growth.
The Software Architect will own the documentation of the architecture and will be responsible for its consistency and accuracy. Where appropriate, they will produce specifications of cloud-based components, tiers, and interfaces, for translation into detailed designs by the development teams. The candidate will work closely with development teams to ensure they maintain the sufficient level of the documentation for the owned services.
- Define and maintain the software architecture patterns used within the company
- Support the development teams in design to build scalable and easy to maintain services
- Maintain the architecture documentation and ensure it is accurate and consistent
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of working in agile development model (Scrum or Kanban)
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- In depth understanding of microservice architecture and how to use it to build applications
- Knowledge of communication patterns between the services
- Knowledge of good practices, design patterns and SOLID principles
- Knowledge of non-relational databases
- Knowledge of event sourcing pattern
- Good understanding of application design and strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Azure ecosystem
Sounds like you?
Click here to apply!
We look forward to your application!