Software Engineer – Backend
Insurwave is a client centric, tech focused, disruptive company that provides a digital pathway for commercial lines of insurance. We are passionate about our people and our values of trust, curiosity and quality are embedded in everything we do.
As a Backend Software Engineer, the candidate will directly report to Lead Software Engineer and will work in team responsible for building a green-field platform using .NET stack and React, running in Kubernetes on Azure. The team is self-sufficient and fully responsible for design, development, testing, delivery, and support of the solutions. The candidate will participate in all these processes and contribute in making solution decisions as well as taking ownership of the built services. The candidate will build solutions following the company-wide rules of engagement and standards. The candidate will actively work with team-members to share-knowledge and grow as a team.
- Design, build, deploy and support SaaS services following company standards
- Work closely with Product Owner, Lead Software Engineer, UX Designer and team to implement the requirements and demonstrate the solution to the Product Owner before delivery
- Deliver high quality solutions using fully automated processes (CI/CD, testing, infrastructure as code)
- Work with team to continuously improve the owned services’ usability, performance, security, architecture, and maintainability
- Actively work with team-members to share knowledge and grow as a team
Skills & experience required
- Experience of working in development teams, following agile development model (Scrum or Kanban)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with Test Driven Development with good understanding of unit testing
- Knowledge of good practices, design patterns and SOLID principles
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of .NET stack – C#, ASP.NET Core Web Apis, LINQ, asynchronous programming, .NET tools
- Knowledge of relational and/or No-SQL databases and integrations patterns
- Understanding of microservice architecture
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and various testing stages for APIs
- Knowledge of Azure ecosystem
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting tools
- Focus on performance and knowledge of performance profiling tools
- Developing solutions with security mindset
- Experience with CosmosDB
- Bonus scheme
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance including dental
- Private Pension
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
Does this sound like you?Apply for this job
We hope that insurwave sounds like somewhere you’d like to work and we’d love to hear from you whether there are specific roles listed above or not.
We are always on the lookout for passionate people to join our team.
If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please send us your CV and covering letter.Apply today