Insurwave is a London-based, client centric, tech focused, disruptive company that connects the specialty insurance market. We are passionate about our people and our values of trust, curiosity and quality are embedded in everything we do.
At Insurwave, we embrace the opportunity to create outside-the-box solutions. We are driven by the desire to help create something that has never existed – a fully automated and connected specialty insurance industry.
We have developed a platform that uses leading cloud and cryptography technologies to reduce the distance between corporate risk and insurance capital. One of the major benefits it offers is enabling insurers and brokers to innovate, bring new products and services to market fast, and develop a competitive edge.
About the Role
As a Platform Engineer, the candidate will directly report to Lead Platform Engineer and will work in team responsible for building a green-field platform infrastructure for Azure cloud using code-first and automation patterns and tools supporting it as well as processes and supporting tools for the development teams to efficiently build, deploy and manage their services on the infrastructure. The team is self-sufficient and fully responsible for design, development, testing, delivery and support of the solutions. The candidate will participate in all these processes and contribute in making technology and design decisions as well as taking ownership of the built solutions. The candidate will follow the company-wide rules of engagement and standards. The candidate will actively work with team-members to share knowledge and grow as a team.
- Develop pipelines in a repeatable and reliable manner
- Deliver high quality infrastructure as code
- Actively work with team-members to share-knowledge and grow as a team
- Work with team to continuously improve the automation capabilities of the platform
Skills & experience required
- Experience in one of scripting languages (PowerShell or Python)
- Good understanding about the Linux operating system
- Experience in developing and maintaining cloud-based environments with tools like
- Experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines (Azure DevOps, Teamcity, Jenkins or
- Experience in working with cloud providers (Azure, AWS, or others)
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Ability to work with teams in a constructive, collaborative manner
- Experience in deploying applications in Kubernetes platform
- Working knowledge of AzureDevops
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting the cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of networking in Azure
- Experience with Helm Charts or similar tools
- Understanding of SSL and certificate management
- Good understanding about the .NET ecosystem
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection insurance
- Private health insurance including dental, optical and gym subsidiary
- Private pension
- Bike to Work Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Public Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
Does this sound like you?Apply for this job
We hope that insurwave sounds like somewhere you’d like to work and we’d love to hear from you whether there are specific roles listed above or not.
We are always on the lookout for passionate people to join our team.
If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please send us your CV and covering letter.Apply today