Lead Platform Engineer
Insurwave is a London-based, client centric, tech focused, disruptive company that connects the specialty insurance market. We are passionate about our people and our values of trust, curiosity and quality are embedded in everything we do.
At Insurwave, we embrace the opportunity to create outside-the-box solutions. We are driven by the desire to help create something that has never existed – a fully automated and connected specialty insurance industry.
We have developed a platform that uses leading cloud and cryptography technologies to reduce the distance between corporate risk and insurance capital. One of the major benefits it offers is enabling insurers and brokers to innovate, bring new products and services to market fast, and develop a competitive edge.
Who you are
You are an experienced Platform Engineer, who enjoys problem-solving and fixing complex issues. You enjoy working with people from different teams to ensure the delivery of a stable and reliable service. You enjoy supporting, leading, and coaching a team of engineers, helping them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
About the Role
As a Lead Platform Engineer, the candidate will directly report to Head of Platform Engineering and will lead the team responsible for building a scalable platform infrastructure for Azure cloud using code-first and automation patterns and tools supporting it as well as processes and supporting tools for the development teams to efficiently build, deploy and manage their services on the infrastructure. The team is self-sufficient and fully responsible for design, development, testing, delivery, and support of the solutions.
The candidate will empower the team to make the decisions and take ownership of the cloud infrastructure they build, along with ensuring the team follows the company-wide rules of engagement and standards. The candidate will support team members growth and promote an open, learning culture.
- Lead a small team responsible for design, build, deploy cloud infrastructure to deliver SaaS services
- Work closely with Head of Platform Engineering and other software development Team Leads to ensure the process and pipeline are developed in a repeatable and reliable manner
- Continuously improve the platform capabilities to ensure the platform infrastructure is stable, reliable, and secure
- Empower and help the team in efficient design, development, delivery, and Production support
- Enable a learning culture, promote continuous feedback and improvement
- Deliver high quality infrastructure as code
- Provide continuous feedback to the team, product, and leadership
- Support team members in development by pairing, sharing knowledge and mentoring
Skills & experience required
- Experience of leading platform/SRE teams working in agile development model (Scrum or Kanban)
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, demonstrated ability to form effective working teams and maintaining healthy, learning culture within it
- Experience in one of scripting languages (PowerShell or Python)
- Good understanding about the Linux operating system
- Experience with Helm Charts or similar tools
- Experience in deploying applications in Kubernetes platform
- Experience in developing and maintaining cloud-based environments with tools like ansible, ARM Templates, Bicep, Pulumi
- Experience is building and managing the company wide capability of monitoring and alerting.
- Good knowledge about managing could base virtual networks
- Experience in working with IAM solutions
- Experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines (Azure DevOps, Teamcity, Jenkins or Octopus)
- Good understanding of cloud design patterns and strong problem-solving skills
- Willing to learn modern technologies
- Ability to work with teams in a constructive, collaborative manner
- Working knowledge of Azure Devops
- Understanding of SSL and certificate management
- Good understanding about the .NET ecosystem
- Azure Active Directory user and group management
- Knowledge on Azure Data Factory Pipelines
- Managing and maintaining Azure cosmos and Azure postgress databases
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection insurance
- Private health insurance including dental, optical and gym subsidiary
- Private pension
- Bike to Work Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Public Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
Does this sound like you?Apply for this job
We hope that insurwave sounds like somewhere you’d like to work and we’d love to hear from you whether there are specific roles listed above or not.
We are always on the lookout for passionate people to join our team.
If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please send us your CV and covering letter.Apply today