Data Science Product Owner
Insurwave is a London-based, client centric, tech focused, disruptive company that connects the specialty insurance market. We are passionate about our people and our values of trust, curiosity and quality are embedded in everything we do.
At Insurwave, we embrace the opportunity to create outside-the-box solutions. We are driven by the desire to help create something that has never existed – a fully automated and connected specialty insurance industry.
We have developed a platform that uses leading cloud and cryptography technologies to reduce the distance between corporate risk and insurance capital. One of the major benefits it offers is enabling insurers and brokers to innovate, bring new products and services to market fast, and develop a competitive edge.
About the Role
As a Data and AI Product Owner, reporting to the Head of Data and AI you will be responsible for helping shape the future direction of our company, using your skills to help identify and deliver solutions which utilise our data to solve the problems of our commercial insurance clients.
We are looking for someone with experience working with products involving analytics or AI, ideally within insurance, to own end-to-end delivery of Data/AI product features. You will work closely with your Engineering Lead and Functional Product Owner counterparts to shape and lead the delivery in cross-functional teams. You will work closely with a team of data scientists, data engineers, data analyst, business analysts and software engineers but also work alongside stakeholders from across the business and external organisations.
This is an ideal role for an experience data professional who wants to move away from implementation.
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end product design and delivery in a fast-paced environment
- Work with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including data scientists, data engineers, data analysts, business analysts, UX/UI, software engineers, product owners and Client Success
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously review business needs, refine priorities, define milestones and deliverables, and call out opportunities and risks
- Partner with stakeholders and customers across the business to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritisation
- Work with corporate clients, spend time understanding their needs and gathering feedback
- Translate requests and product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Prioritise and maintain a sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders
- Lead product functional/technical design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users, data, and technology
- Contribute to Data Architecture and Management processes
- Act as a focal point and manage the relationship with delivery teams across Insurwave to understand availability of data when creating new solutions
- Drive targeted data collections/labelling campaigns (internal or 3rd party data sources)
- Establish frameworks for systematic QA and monitoring data, analytics, and machine learning products.
- Constantly curate and build datasets for benchmarking and regression testing
- Guide team in designing experiments and interpret results to inform next actions
- Analyse failure cases of models/analytics products
- Deep dive hands-on exploratory data discovery and exploration
Skills & experience required
- Experience in a product management role requiring setting priorities and defining new products
- Experience in leading delivery teams and ownership of end-to-end delivery of releases.
- Proven track record of delivering solutions across machine learning, data and analytics strategy and products including cloud based data infrastructure, PowerBI, Tableau, SQL, APIs, and front-end technologies.
- Strong understanding of data engineering principles, analytics, and machine learning algorithms
- Strong technical experience in exploratory data discovery and exploration
- Ability to work with teams in a constructive, collaborative manner
- A quick-learner with the ability to quickly develop insight into the client and subject matter.
- A curious and analytical mindset, with strong problem solving skills.
- Great attention to detail whilst still able to keep the bigger picture in focus.
- Ability to process a vast amount of information with a methodical approach.
- Experience governing AI/Analytics projects and passionate about quality
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with Agile Project delivery methods, and associated software tools including Confluence and Jira
- Strong knowledge of AI/Data software development practices – the lifecycle and methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to work with diverse stakeholder groups, external third-party suppliers and customers
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with Commercial insurance sector
- Technical experience in data analysis/data science
- Literacy in SQL queries, coding (Python)
- Familiarity with document digitalisation and extraction tools
- Knowledge of Azure ecosystem
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection insurance
- Private health insurance including dental, optical and gym subsidiary
- Private pension
- Bike to Work Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Public Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
Does this sound like you?Apply for this job
We hope that insurwave sounds like somewhere you’d like to work and we’d love to hear from you whether there are specific roles listed above or not.
We are always on the lookout for passionate people to join our team.
If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please send us your CV and covering letter.Apply today